Compensation for Bike Crash, Pedestrian Injuries
Bikers and pedestrians take their lives in their hands every time they hit the streets. Serious bike and pedestrian accidents are far too common in Queens and throughout the New York area.
The attorneys of Chiariello & Chiariello represent people who have been injured in a wide range of pedestrian and bicycle accidents, including those involving:
- Pedestrians hit by vehicles
- Pedestrians hit by bikers
- Bikers hit by vehicles
- Bikers hit by other bikers
- Bikers or pedestrians hit by drunk drivers
- Bikers or pedestrians attacked by dogs
- Crosswalk injuries
- Child head injury claims
Bicyclists and pedestrians can sustain serious injuries, including fractures, head and brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, abrasions (road rash) and lacerations (cuts). Hospitalization and surgery is sometimes required.
When Bicyclists Cause Accidents
We are experienced in cases involving pedestrians hit by bike messengers who plow into pedestrians on sidewalks or in crosswalks. We also represent people hit and injured by adults who were riding their bikes on the sidewalk, which is prohibited by New York City law.
When Vehicles Are the Problem
When a car, truck or other vehicle hits a pedestrian or bicyclist, the consequences can be deadly. Our lawyers ably represent clients injured by drivers who:
- Failed to check for pedestrians in the crosswalk
- Lost control and hit people on a sidewalk, bike path, outdoor cafe, street fair, farmers' market or public gathering
- Drivers who hit people when they pull out of a driveway
- Drivers who open doors in the path of an oncoming cyclist
- Drivers who intentionally edge cyclists off the road
To arrange a free initial consultation about your bike or pedestrian injury case, please contact us by e-mail or call 888-692-1540.