Queens Construction Accident Lawyers
Personable, Straightforward Legal Guidance for Your Nassau County Accident Case
The accident attorneys at Chiariello & Chiariello are straight shooters who will handle your case with skilled and strategic hands. Construction accidents are unpredictably common in big-city areas, and Queens is no exception. Whether you have been injured by falling scaffolding as a pedestrian or injured as a construction worker on the job, Chiariello & Chiariello can help you take the appropriate legal action for damages. The lawyers at the firm will devote personalized attention to your case and do their best to negotiate a favorable settlement with insurance or proceed to litigation for damages.
Schedule a free initial consultation with Chiariello & Chiariello to discuss your accident in more detail.
Common Construction Site Injuries
Construction injuries can occur under many circumstances. Some examples of construction accidents include:
- Falling objects. Tools and materials for unfinished buildings may fall from scaffolding above a pedestrian’s head or otherwise not be appropriately attached mid-construction.
- Heavy equipment. Construction workers will often have to carry heavy equipment and machinery that may cause severe injury if not properly handled or long-term injuries to the worker.
- Toxic chemicals. Some construction sites may utilize toxic fumes or chemicals like lead that can be detrimental to workers’ and residents’ long-term health.
- Roadway construction. Uncovered potholes or other construction activity causing dangerous flooring on a roadway may cause injury to drivers and cyclists.
- Slips and falls. Construction sites have a lot of different building activities going on, including lots of debris and tools on the footpath. This might cause slips and falls among pedestrians passersby.
Injured as a Construction Worker?
If an individual injured on a construction site is a construction worker who was hurt in the performance of their work duties, they can obtain damages by filing a claim for workers’ compensation from their employer. However, an injured worker may also file a personal injury lawsuit in addition to claiming workers’ compensation under the following situations:
- Section 200 – Construction site managers are required to provide adequate protection from hazards for all construction workers. A failure to create a safe condition can result in the employer or site owner being held liable for the accident.
- Section 240 (“Scaffold Law”) – Workers should be protected from “gravity-related injuries,” or situations that may involve falling from unsafe scaffolding or from being struck by a falling item.
- Section 241(6) – Workers should be protected in situations requiring excavation, demolition, or overall construction work.
Injured employees have the right to bring forward an accident lawsuit if their employer or site manager has violated any of the above regulations. For example, the injured plaintiff might sue their employer for negligence based on their failure to maintain safe working conditions. They may also sue the site manager for recklessness based on their willful ignorance of safety guidelines.
Recovering Damages and Compensation
There are several types of damages an injured plaintiff may recover in a successful accident lawsuit. Depending on the severity of the injury, the injured individual may claim compensation for:
- Medical expenses (e.g., hospital bills, ongoing treatment)
- Lost wages (while the injured is unable to work)
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to property
The legal process for a construction accident lawsuit can be complex. You will need to prove the other party’s fault and navigate long negotiations with insurance carriers and, if the settlement offer is unfavorable, go to court. As a result, it is in your best interests to work with an experienced lawyer who can handle all the legal concerns for you. The accident lawyers at Chiariello & Chiariello can help you build a strong case for damages, making sure you are not being taken advantage of by insurance companies. With over 50 years of professional experience from a family-run accident law firm, Chiariello & Chiariello is more than prepared to fight for maximum damages to help you recover from your construction site injury.
Schedule a free consultation with Chiariello & Chiariello to learn more about how the firm can help you sue for your injuries.
Serving the Community for Over 50 YearsOur firm has helped Nassau county residents with their legal matters for more than five decades.
Honest Legal CounselAt Chiariello & Chiariello, we pride ourselves on integrity and providing clients with straightforward advice.
Family-Owned Law OfficeOur firm has been in the family for over 50 years and we look to treat all of our clients as part of our family.
Small Firm Attention, Big Firm ResultsOur attorneys pursue maximum compensation for our clients while providing them with highly personalized attention throughout the entire process.
If you are experiencing hardship in your life due to another’s negligence, working with a skilled and knowledgeable legal team can make all the difference in improving your situation — and helping you get your life back on track.
“They demonstrated commitment to my case, which allowed me to trust that he was advocating for my best interests.”- Liz, Former Client
“Treated like family. Passionate, caring, honest and professional. Always kept in contact with us through every step for 2 years. Amazing lawyers, who now we call friends!”- Jackie, Former Client
“I went to them when I was turned away from a big firm who didn’t want to help me. This firm won my case and got me a settlement that surpassed my expectations!”- Peter, Former Client