Queens Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Individualized Attention on Your Case Backed by 50 Years of Experience
No one can predict being injured in a serious accident. However, the risk is always there when there are vehicles on the road. Crashes happen, whether they involve cars, motorcycles, bicyclists, or pedestrians. If you or a loved one has experienced injuries due to a vehicle crash, reach out to Chiariello & Chiariello to take legal action. Whether you were involved in a collision with a drunk driver or an uninsured driver, Chiariello & Chiariello will put its over 50 years of experience to work for you.
Schedule a free initial consultation to learn more about how the firm can help you secure damages.
Types of Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
Chiariello & Chiariello provides comprehensive representation to clients who have been involved in accidents and incurred injuries from these accidents, such as due to a driver’s negligence for roadway safety. The firm aims to help clients recover financial compensation and make their recovery easier by alleviating the stress of paying medical bills and covering for lost wages.
Some examples of vehicle accident cases the firm handles include:
- Car accidents
- Semi-truck and commercial truck accidents
- Taxicab and car service accidents
- Dangerous roads and highway collisions
- Drunk driver accidents
- Bus and subway accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uninsured driver cases
- Delivery truck accidents
- Uber, Lyft, and rideshare accidents
- Dooring bicycle accidents
Motorcycle and Bicycle Laws
Motorcycles and bicycles follow the same road rules as cars. There are a few specific rules that motorcyclists and bicyclists need to follow, though, when operating on the road that distinguishes them from car drivers. Violating these laws and precautions, such as protective gear required to operate or minimum insurance coverage, may constitute negligence.
New York’s motorcycle laws include:
- Motorcyclists must carry a Class M or Class MJ license.
- Motorcyclists must wear a US Department of Transportation-approved helmet with the required eye protection gear.
- All motorcycles operating on New York roads must be properly registered with the state annually.
- All motorcycles must be inspected annually by a certified technician.
- Every operating motorcycle must have the following liability insurance: $25,000 for bodily injury per person, $50,000 for total bodily injury per accident, and $10,000 for property damage per accident.
Bicyclists should also abide by a range of laws specific to their vehicle, including (but not limited to):
- Bicycles must have a white headlight, red taillight, and reflectors between dusk and dawn.
- Bicycles must have a bell or other audible signal in case.
- Bicycles must have working brakes.
- Bicyclists may not have more than one earphone on that is attached to a radio or other audio device while riding.
There are also rules for commercial delivery, such as having to wear business identifying information on their bike and body and having to wear an employer-provided helmet.
Of course, there are also laws protecting cyclists who may be put in an injury-compromising position. For instance, it is against the law for motor vehicle drivers to park, stand, stop, or otherwise obstruct a bike lane, nor can they drive on bike lanes. If doing so causes injury to the bicyclist, the motor vehicle may be liable for the accident.
To learn more about how to navigate your vehicle accident, do not hesitate to contact an experienced accident lawyer. Chiariello & Chiariello can help you handle your motorcycle or bicycle accident, or the firm can also help you navigate your car accident case.
Skilled Representation to Get You the Settlement You Deserve
When Chiariello & Chiariello takes on your case, they will thoroughly investigate all the facts surrounding your accident. This includes:
- poring over the police report;
- talking to law enforcement involved in the case;
- gathering your medical records;
- tracking down and interviewing witnesses; and
- taking photos of the accident scene.
The firm will also document skid marks, measure the intersection, and when necessary, obtain aerial photos. In more serious cases, they may hire an accident reconstructionist to determine what, exactly, caused the crash.
At the conclusion of the firm’s personal investigation, it will present a detailed settlement package to the appropriate insurance companies and negotiate or litigate a fair and just settlement or verdict for you that meets your needs and interests.
Trust Chiariello & Chiariello to fight for a favorable settlement or trial outcome for you in your Queens vehicle accident. Contact the firm online to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Serving the Community for Over 50 YearsOur firm has helped Nassau county residents with their legal matters for more than five decades.
Honest Legal CounselAt Chiariello & Chiariello, we pride ourselves on integrity and providing clients with straightforward advice.
Family-Owned Law OfficeOur firm has been in the family for over 50 years and we look to treat all of our clients as part of our family.
Small Firm Attention, Big Firm ResultsOur attorneys pursue maximum compensation for our clients while providing them with highly personalized attention throughout the entire process.
If you are experiencing hardship in your life due to another’s negligence, working with a skilled and knowledgeable legal team can make all the difference in improving your situation — and helping you get your life back on track.
“They demonstrated commitment to my case, which allowed me to trust that he was advocating for my best interests.”- Liz, Former Client
“Treated like family. Passionate, caring, honest and professional. Always kept in contact with us through every step for 2 years. Amazing lawyers, who now we call friends!”- Jackie, Former Client
“I went to them when I was turned away from a big firm who didn’t want to help me. This firm won my case and got me a settlement that surpassed my expectations!”- Peter, Former Client